Art film brings for 2014 a variety of prestigious new movies directed by important man in the indie film world like Alejandro González Iñárritu and Wes Anderson. Five movies are listed as the promising independent films to be released in 2014:
- Birdman (directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu): A Hollywood actor tries to be successful in the world of theatre participating in a serious Broadway play.
- Grace of Monaco (directed by Olivier Dahan): Nicole Kidman starring this movie based of the biography the Hollywood actress Grace Kelly.
- Life Itself (by Steve James): It is a documentary based of the life of Roger Ebert, a famous American film critic, journalist and screenwriter.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (by Wes Anderson): it is a comedy film starring by Ralph Fiennes that relates the story of a young concierge who tries to prove his innocence, after a murder committed at the hotel where he works.
- Map to the Stars (directed by David Cronenberg): Actors like Julianne Moore, John Cusack, and Robert Pattinson starring this film is about Dr. Stafford Weiss and his family with the archetypical Hollywood dynasty. A famous psychotherapist, a drug addict young son and apyromaniac daughter are part of the story related in this movie.
Trenton Film Festival
New York City and Philadelphia will host the Trenton Film Festival, dedicated to award the indie movies industry. New film of many categories will be exposured, allowing the members of the industry to interact with the art film fans during 6 days. This year the festival will beggin in May 10 until the 14th.